Godin To Keynote Borrell Local Ad Conference
Seth Godin, a best-selling author and marketing guru, has been tapped as the keynote speaker at Borrell’s 2013 Local Online Advertising Conference (March 4-5) at the Grand Hyatt in New York City, Borrell Associates announced today.
“Seth was the hands-down pick when we asked past attendees whom they’d like hear most,” Gordon Borrell, CEO of Borrell Associates, said in a statement. “I’m thrilled he’ll be joining us and eager to hear his insights on the disarray and opportunities in the local media space.”
Godin will offer his thoughts on the fate of local media in today’s digital world and what media companies might do to adapt.
Godin, called “America’s Greatest Marketer” by American Way Magazine, has founded several companies, including Yoyodine and Squidoo, and has written 14 books. His most recent book, The Icarus Deception, describes the end of an industrial economy and what transpires next.
The Local Online Advertising Conference will feature founders and key executives from disruptors to the local media space, including:
- Nathan Hanks, President of ReachLocal
- Gian Fulgoni, Executive Chairman & Co-Founder of comScore, Inc.
- Chip Perry, Chief Executive Officer of AutoTrader.com
- Mike Ghaffary, Director of Business Development of Yelp
- John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer of Pandora Media
- David Krantz, President & CEO of YP
- Dan Levy, Director of Small Business, Facebook
- Warren Webster, President of Patch Media
The conference will kick off with a cocktail party on March 3. The main sessions begin March 4 and runs through March 5. For more information, click here.